ADAPTIVEBEE will notify you of any material changes to this policy, and you will always have the option to use UR Browser in a way that does not send any personally identifiable information to ADAPTIVEBEE, or to remove your information and discontinue using it.
The UR Browser EULA is available at the following URL: www.ur-browser.com/eula.
You do not need to provide any personally identifying information in order to use UR Browser.
When you use any browser, including UR Browser, to contact ADAPTIVEBEE's servers, by default ADAPTIVEBEE receives standard log information including your system’s IP address and one or more cookies. You can configure UR Browser to not accept cookies from ADAPTIVEBEE or other sites. Learn more about configuring cookies and site data in UR Browser.
If you use UR Browser to access other ADAPTIVEBEE services the fact that you are using UR Browser does not cause ADAPTIVEBEE to receive any special or additional personally identifying information about you. In addition, some UR Browser features may send limited additional information to ADAPTIVEBEE or your default search engine :
· When you use UR Browser’s default search engine, UR Browser will contact ADAPTIVEBEE’s servers when it starts or when you change networks so as to determine the best local web address to send search queries. When you type URLs or queries in the UR Browser address bar (omnibox) or App Launcher search box, the letters you type may be sent to your default search engine so that the search engine’s prediction feature can automatically recommend terms or URLs you may be looking for. If you accept a predicted query or URL, UR Browser may send that information from the browser to your default search engine as well;
· If you navigate to a URL that does not exist, UR Browser may send the URL to ADAPTIVEBEE so we can help you find the URL you were looking for. We may also use this information in an aggregated way to help other web users - e.g. to let them know that the site may be down;
· UR Browser periodically contacts ADAPTIVEBEE to perform functions such as checking for updates, checking connectivity status, validating current time, and estimating the number of active users. Each copy of UR Browser includes a temporary randomly-generated installation number which will be sent to ADAPTIVEBEE when you install and first use the product. The temporary number will be promptly deleted the first time that UR Browser automatically checks for updates. If you received or reactivated your copy of the UR Browser as part of a promotional campaign, it may also generate a non-unique promotional tag which is sent to ADAPTIVEBEE when performing searches with ADAPTIVEBEE and a unique token which is sent to ADAPTIVEBEE when you first run and use the browser after installation, reinstallation, or reactivation.. Furthermore, field trials may result in different variations of UR Browser, and UR Browser may send non-unique information to ADAPTIVEBEE about which variation is active;
· UR Browser may provide you with shortcuts to various third-party chat services. By using such services you consent to the terms, licenses and privacy policies of the respective third-parties. No parts of such services are hosted by ADAPTIVEBEE, and no information is transmitted through ADAPTIVEBEE servers. ADAPTIVEBEE shall not be liable for any content, information, malfunction or any other functions or problems related to the chat services, as it only provides the users with conventient shortcuts to access them. For any questions or requests regarding the terms, licenses or policies of third-parties, please contact them;
· If you use the Translate feature of UR Browser, it will send the text you choose to be translated to third parties for translation;
· If you use the Spellcheck feature of UR Browser it will send the text you type to third parties for spelling and grammar suggestions;
· When using the Moods feature you may set UR Browser to automatically detect the wi-fi status or other triggers. Such setting are part of the custom Moods triggers, and some may be enabled or disabled by the user;
· UR Browser may send usage statistics and crash reports to ADAPTIVEBEE. This setting will apply to all users for a given installation of UR Browser. The usage statistics and crash reports help us diagnose problems, help us understand how users interact with UR Browser, and help us improve UR Browser's performance;
· UR Browser tries to avoid sending information that identifies you personally. Crash reports, however, can contain system information at the time of a malfunction, and errors leading up to a malfunction.
ADAPTIVEBEE’s UR Browser includes Google’s Safe Browsing feature. Safe Browsing sends and receives information between the browser you are using and Google’s servers about suspicious websites - for example when you visit a site that is suspected to be a phishing or malware site.
Sites that you visit using UR Browser will automatically receive standard log information similar to that received by ADAPTIVEBEE. These sites may also set their own cookies or store site data on your system. You can restrict cookies and other site data in UR Browser's preferences page.
If UR Browser’s network actions prediction features are enabled, UR Browser may look up the IP addresses of all links on webpages and open network connections to load webpages faster. Sites can also use pre-rendering technology to pre-load the links that you might click next.
If you use UR Browser in incognito mode or guest mode, it will not transmit any pre-existing cookies to sites that you visit. Sites may deposit new cookies on your system while you are in these modes; these cookies will only be temporarily stored and transmitted to sites while you remain in incognito / guest mode. They will be deleted when you close the browser, close all open incognito windows or exit guest mode.
If you choose to use UR Browser’s location feature, this service allows you to share your location with a site. UR Browser will not allow a site to access your location without your permission. ADAPTIVEBEE does not have control over third party websites or their privacy practices. Please carefully consider any website’s privacy practices before consenting to share your location with that website.
UR Browser stores some information locally on your system. This may include:
· Basic browsing history information, for example the URLs of pages that you visit, a cache file of text and images from those pages, and a list of some IP addresses linked from pages that you visit;
· A searchable index of most pages you visit (except for secure pages with "https" web addresses, such as some bank pages) Thumbnail-sized screenshots of most pages you visit;
· Cookies or web storage data deposited on your system by websites you visit;
· Locally-stored data saved by Add-ons;
· A record of downloads you have made from websites.
You can always choose to delete your browsing history information, in whole or in part.
You can also limit the information UR Browser stores on your system by using incognito mode or guest mode. UR Browser offers both modes. Incognito mode is useful if you would still like to have access to information from your existing profile, such as suggestions based on your browsing history, while you are browsing. Guest mode is useful if you would prefer to begin a browsing session without seeing information from any existing profiles. In either of these modes, UR Browser will not store basic browsing history information such as URLs, cached page text, or IP addresses of pages linked from the websites you visit. It will also not store snapshots of pages that you visit or keep a record of your downloads (although this information could still be stored elsewhere on your system, e.g. in a list of recently opened files). New cookies received in these modes will not be saved after you close your browser, close all open incognito windows or exit guest mode. You can see when you are in incognito / guest mode because the incognito icon appears in the top corner of your browser; in some cases the border of your browser window may also change color. When you make changes to your browser configuration, such as by bookmarking a web page or changing your settings, this information is also saved. These changes are not affected by incognito / guest mode.
You can choose to have UR Browser save your passwords for specific websites. Stored passwords can be reviewed in UR Browser settings.
· The UR Phone feature allows the user to connect various devices using UR products and to share both Personal and non-Personal Information between them, in order to conventiently access such information from multiple locations or at a specific time. All the collected Personal and non-Personal Information, the user has consented to synchronize, is required in order to make the UR Phone feature available;
· Upon activation of some or all of this feature’s functionalities, collected Personal Information may include, but is not limited to: (a) for the messages feature: the display name, email, phone number, message body, contact id, timestamp; (b) for the call feature: the display name, email, phone number, contact, date, call type (made, received, missed); (c) for the app notifications feature: app name and id, notification text and title, timestamp;
· User security and choices are important for ADAPTIVEBEE. The user may choose to delete some or all of the information stored about him or her by UR Phone, by accessing UR Settings → UR Account from within UR Launcher. If, after the time of deletion, UR Phone is still active on any device, further data may continue to be collected, until the feature is expressly disabled on all devices.
In order to allow certain content to be accessed using UR Browser for Windows, UR Browser may be required to provide selected content partners and websites using Adobe Flash Access with a unique identifier that is stored on your system. You can disable this feature in the settings or reset the unique identifier’s value by reinstalling the operating system. Parties to whom your unique identifier is provided could associate it with personally-identifiable information you provide to them. If you are accessing content from a third party service, you should review those parties’ privacy policies to learn more.
You may use apps, extensions, themes, services and other add-ons ("Add-ons") with UR Browser, including some that may be pre-installed or integrated with UR Browser and some that you may obtain from other sources.
Before installing an Add-on, you should review the requested permissions. Add-ons may be designed to store, access, and share data stored locally or in your online accounts. Add-ons may use notifications that are sent through ADAPTIVEBEE servers. UR Browser may check for, download, and install updates to your Add-ons. UR Browser may send usage indicators to ADAPTIVEBEE for installed Add-ons. Some add-ons might require access to a unique identifier for digital rights management or for delivery of push messaging. You can disable the use of such an identifier by removing the add-on from UR Browser.
Add-ons developed and provided by ADAPTIVEBEE may communicate with ADAPTIVEBEE servers and are subject to these Policies unless otherwise indicated. Add-ons developed and provided by third parties are the responsibility of such third parties and may be subject to third party privacy policies. For example, a version of the Adobe Flash Player plug-in is preinstalled with UR Browser. Adobe’s website at www.adobe.com provides more information on Adobe’s privacy practices with regard to Flash Player.
Information that ADAPTIVEBEE receives when you use UR Browser is processed in order to operate and improve UR Browser and other ADAPTIVEBEE services. Information that other website operators receive is subject to the privacy policies of those websites. UR Browser stores information on your system in order to improve UR Browser’s performance and to provide you with useful features and services.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to ADAPTIVEBEE. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your username, password or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0003-phishing US Federal Trade Commission’s website.
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related actions (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Site or Application’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site and Application are used. These third parties don’t have access to your Personal Information and are obligated not to disclose or use any user information for any other purpose.
ADAPTIVEBEE cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of ADAPTIVEBEE or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
ADAPTIVEBEE may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
ADAPTIVEBEE is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
You will be presented with and have access to links to other websites through your use of our Site and the Application. If you choose to visit an advertiser by “clicking on” a banner ad or other type of advertisement, or click on another third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website or present a banner ad or other type of advertisement is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.